Monday, January 10, 2011

"Name Your Destination" Contest

In mid December I started a contest called "Name Your Destination" in the Seekingarrangement Blog.  The contest rules were as follows:

---------------------------

When Yaz said “I wish someone would buy me a ticket to (name of destination) just because”… It got me thinking… why not?

So let’s call it the “Name Your Destination” contest, and here are the rules.

1. Female SB’s who are not currently in a sugar relationship are eligible to enter. (don’t want to step on any SD’s toes)
2. Destination should be served by a major airline. (Timbuktu Air doesn’t count)
3. Have a flexible travel schedule. (if you can only travel during major holidays then you might be out of luck)

The grand prize is one round trip airline ticket to the destination of the winner’s choice with the travel schedule to be mutually agreed, plus 500 cash. The second prize is 500 cash. The third prize is a monogrammed snuggie. Thanks to Arctic SD for providing the cash portion of the prizes.

How to enter:

Email me at the addy in my blog. Include a photo of yourself and describe the following:

1. Your current situation, your experience with sugar relationships, and why you’re looking for a SD.
2. Why you have chosen the destination and what do you plan to do when you get there.
3. Why I should choose your entry.

What’s required if you win the grand prize:

- I will post your entry in the blog (edited to remove any personal info)
- Write about your experience of the trip in the blog.
- As a bonus, there is a possibility to meet me for lunch at a place and date to be determined.

All entries must be submitted by December 31st, 2010 and winners will be selected by January 7th, 2011. After I receive your entry I may contact you by email for clarification or request more information. Entries will be evaluated based on how compelling your story is, how original and creative your idea is, and how well you articulate yourself. It is not based on need or how sad your story is. The purpose of the photo is for me to put a face to the story, so the photo is not part of the evaluation.

I hope there will be a good number of entries because it wouldn’t be much of a contest if only a handful of SB’s entered. Therefore I reserve the right to not select a winner if there are less than 10 entries. And no, this contest is not a joke. Email me or post here if you have any questions or comments. Good luck everyone!

----------------------------------


Then I announced the winners as planned on January 7th, 2011:

Here are the results of “Name Your Destination” Contest…

I have reviewed all 13 entries in detail, sent follow up questions to the contestants and received some responses. Some entries are creative and compelling while others are entertaining and humorous. And some even admitted that they entered primarily to help other sugar sisters win. The destinations include Japan, UK, South Africa, New Zealand, NYC, LA, Vegas, Chicago, Hawaii, Florida, and DC.

There were several well written and compelling entries and it was very difficult to narrow down to 3 finalists. After much deliberation I’m happy to announce the following winners:

Grand Prize – LASB. She will receive one round trip airline ticket to Japan and $500.

Second Prize – Arcadia. She will receive $500.

Third Prize – Beach Girl. She will receive $200 in lieu of a monogrammed snuggie.

I’d like to thank all contestants for making an effort to submit their entry. I wish I could send everyone to their destination of choice but even a Guru has his limits. I’d also like to thank Arctic SD for providing the cash prizes and Yaz for inspiring the contest.

LASB is in the process of editing her entry to remove personal info so that it can be posted in the blog. As soon as she’s ready I’ll post it here.

--------------------------

Coming up, LASB's winning entry.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting :)
    Though I'm not sure why the SB goes on the trip by herself??? I wouldn't want to travel alone.

    Cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some SB's are adventurous travelers who want to explore the world, whether on their own or with others.

    ReplyDelete