Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Last Hurrah - Prolog

When you read "The Last Hurrah" it will feel like watching the end of a soap opera without knowing how it started and what had happened over time.  The story is about how I broke up with a former SB during a trip to the Caribbean after a drama filled six month relationship.

Did I know it was going to be "The Last Hurrah" before the trip? Yes we knew and we mutually agreed to end it this way. I prefer to go out on top instead of breaking up after a big fight, but it still ended in a train wreck anyway. The truth is, prior to the trip I found out more about her games through old fashioned sleuth work. And I totally underestimated the lies and deception that went on. I can't say that I was shocked because there were plenty of clues and in some ways it merely re-enforced what I suspected and what I already knew.

But I was in denial until the very end.

In this particular case, my former SB used "sex" to play many mind games with me to her advantage. Leaving out the sexual content in the context of the story would be like telling only half the story.  So this is a story of sex, lies, deception, and betrayal. Stop reading now if you are offended by tmi, sexual content, adult situation, and strong language.  Keep in mind the usual disclaimers apply.  I will do my best to keep things in good taste but I know it will not please everyone. 

Maybe someday I'll go back and fill in the blanks and make this a complete story from beginning to end. But for now I hope you'll enjoy reading "The Last Hurrah".

2 comments: