Monday, October 18, 2010

The Sugar Triangle - Part 3

Part 3 - The Sugar Triangle, Plus One

Let's recap the situation so far.  Bob appeared to be in a "serious" sugar relationship with Crystal, who I met three times, and he was also seeing Alice as a SB, who was aware of his relationship with Crystal.

After seeing Alice's post I felt like I'm in the middle of a soap opera watching the plot unfold, while playing a bit part with peripheral ties to the main characters.  But that's about to change as I decided to reach out to Alice by email.  She was young and new to the sugar world, and it appeared that she's stepping on some sensitive toes and she could get hurt if she's not careful.  Here's what I wrote to her:

Seems like you have a good thing going with your SD. I think what he does or doesn't do with his other SB is his business and you shouldn't worry about it too much. Whether the other SB is taking care of his needs or not, you just need to do what you're comfortable with and take care of him. Then  whatever happens, happens. As long as you are not doing anything deliberately with malicious intent to hurt someone then I think it's all fair.  I think I know the people involved here but that's really none of my business anyway. Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.

Obviously my email got Alice's attention and she replied right away: 

I replied to your email a few moments ago along with a few others that I received.  I have come back and read yours again a little slower and see things I did not previously notice. You KNOW us?  Am I some sick game to him/them?  what do you know of the situation and the people?  This is disturbing to me, especially since you wrote me personally.  I do not like to be made a fool of at any time!

Another reason I was asking these questions and getting opinions is that he has asked me to go look at an estate with him.  He wants my opinion on legal matters and on some of the details and such.  I also know it is a ploy to spend time with me, and frankly I do want to see a multi-million dollar estate.  If he is serious, this estate places him closer to me than he is currently.  I do not know for sure, but I think she is in the same area, and therefore would also put him closer to her than he is now. 

I guess all things considered I never realized I might be sharing someone and I don't think I am comfortable with that. I do appreciate your comments but if you know or suspect more please tell me! Thank you.

I gave her one more email reply and suggested we talk on the phone:

Yes I know the people involved but it's really none of my business so I didn't want to say too much.  I don't want to get involved in other people's personal lives especially if it doesn't concern me. However, I think it would be important for you to get a better understanding of the full picture, whether it's good, bad, or ugly, so you can make your own choices.  Especially because you seem to care for your SD a lot and it might develop into something serious.  Let's talk on the phone to discuss further.

During the phone call I told her what she wanted to know.  I also advised her not to act irrationally or emotionally because that will only make things worse.  Being in a sugar triangle sucks and it rarely ends well for anyone.  Despite my advice, I got the sense that she was about to do something she might regret.

Coming up - Sugar Triangle No More

4 comments:

  1. Dun dun duuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn....

    She flew off the handle in a jealous rage, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone can see a train wreck coming except for those who were involved. Isn't that always the case?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. I always know when a train wreck is about to happen in my life. Some times I choose to go with it, but most I redirect it.

    ReplyDelete