Friday, August 13, 2010

Mixing Love and Sugar - Part 4

Part 4 - Feeling like the King of the World

After Seattle, our next meeting was planned for Chicago in a few weeks. In the mean time we continued to keep in touch by emails and occasional phone calls. I started to become a little skeptical of some of the things she told me about herself and her work but I didn't think too much of it at the time. I thought about questioning her in Chicago but then I decided not to rock the boat and just enjoy the trip instead.

Before the trip we talked about getting a couples massage at the spa, and she half jokingly hinted our future together:

"Looking forward to the couples massage. It will be great to experience that with you. We will have to agree on a story for the massage therapist about the two of us - shall we say we are married (to one another that is) - LOL!"

We met again in Chicago and it was every bit as enjoyable as Seattle, maybe even more so. A corner suite at a boutique hotel overlooking the river with a jacuzzi tub for two and huge window box seats.  Imagine relaxing in the tub after a long day and then one thing led to another... or making love in the middle of the night in the window box seat without a care of who else might be watching.  A day of shopping along Michigan Avenue with much time spent at La Perla getting that perfect evening wear and everything underneath. A couples massage at the Spa Space where the masseuse showed us how to practice massage on each other, which we put to good use many times during the trip.

Dinner at the Signature Room with a panoramic view of the entire city below us. Dinner cruise on Lake Michigan with spectacular fireworks at Navy Pier. Walks in the Millennium Park along the lake. Not to mention the amazing sex and pillow talks about a future together and saying "I love you" to each other. For a few days I felt like I was the king of the world! I can still picture her on the deck of the dinner cruise ship with a colorful sunset and city skyline in the background. She was stunningly beautiful and the entire scene was so breathtaking. It's an image I'll carry in my heart and treasure forever.  After I got back from Chicago I couldn't be any happier and I was really looking forward to our next trip to the Caribbean.

Then she dropped a bomb on me three days after we said goodbye in Chicago.

Coming up, Part 5 – The Dear John Letter

2 comments:

  1. Damn, what a sense of foreboding... Looking forward to reading the rest of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story telling is getting better....keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete