Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mixing Love and Sugar - Part 6

Part 6 - What's wrong with this picture?

I read her letter many times and reflected on the great times we had. It was a thoughtful letter with lots of details and she clearly wanted to end things on good terms. I wrote back to her to express my disappointment and sadness, and to let her know that I respected her decision. But I didn't get a response from her which is not unexpected, even though she said she wants to hear back from me and stay in touch.

I should have taken everything at face value and moved on because it's for the best, right?

But then I noticed that she was back on the site for several days in a row. Why would she do that if she is really trying to make things work with her husband? Also, I'd have expected that her husband would have closed her email account and changed her number, but they seem to work fine. Sensing there might be something wrong with this picture, I emailed and called her several times to seek an explanation so I can have some closure, but they were all ignored. 

Then a few days later I got this little gem from her by email:

I have been careful to not share too much with you about my life, my job, etc. In a relationship such as we had, it is difficult to know where it will lead and what will happen. I have had a history with "stalker" type personalities and my mother has always taught me not to share too much information with someone you have not known for long.

My husband is well aware of you and your recent emails and calls to me. I have nothing to hide and my husband and I are very concerned with the behavior and persistence you have shown in your recent emails and phone calls. We do not want to have to pursue a restraining order if your emails and phone calls continue to be persistent and threatening in nature. I have informed you that I no longer care to see you and we really wish that you could accept that and move on peacefully with no further contact attempts.


My husband and I are in this together and anything you share with me from this point forward (emails and voicemails) will be viewed and shared with my husband. I hope that we can part on good terms and that you can be respectful of the situation and the conclusion of our "relationship".


OUCH!! Put that dagger through my heart!

I suppose my attempts to contact her could be perceived as threatening... but to pursue a restraining order?? And parting on good terms meant concluding our "relationship" with no further contact attempts?? I was completely shocked that someone so close to me just a few weeks ago could become so cold and heartless so quickly. I thought I have been around long enough but I was still completely blindsided by the turn of events.

Then I was thinking.... could she have made up the whole thing with her husband finding out just to get rid of me? Did she have an affair with me because she suspected that her husband was having one too, and I happen to be the one she came across? Why did she do this to me? Why say all the right things and then break my heart? Was any of it for real??????   

I had more questions than answers and I was completely at a loss as to what might have really happened.

Coming up, what really happened?

5 comments:

  1. Was the email worded in the way she usually writes? Sounds like the husband standing in and telling you to stop. And maybe he was the one on the website checking out exactly what she had been doing on that site.

    Just some rational optomism. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PSYCHO!
    I wouldn't have even bothered to find out what was "really" going at that point. NOT worth it. Just a psycho and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaaaa... OMG... I am so not laughing at you, or at this, but at the fact that I've dealt with something similar that resulted in my getting a restraining order against them. It's not fun. I'm sorry you were threatened like this.

    This is what I predict: She's not married. Never was. At least not while you knew her. She likes the thrill of the chase, and uses the sites to go on little vacations. When she's gotten what she wants (or isn't handed over enough cash), she moves on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Southern Belle - The tone of her email was different from normal. My guess is that she wrote it with her hubby looking over it.

    @SweetSugar - That thought did cross my mind. But at the time I was determined to seek the truth and find closure on my own since I wasn't going to get it from her.

    @Kitty Khat - Your prediction is pretty good, stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete